Perspectives Israel – Summer Trip 2019!
Mizzou Hillel is excited to be offering our first Israel Perspectives trip, bringing students on a life-changing trip to explore Israel and the Palestinian Authority. The purpose of this trip is to bring Mizzou undergraduate student leaders together to learn about intergroup and interpersonal relations. Along the way, we will explore Israeli society, Palestinian society, and the conflict in the region. We seek 20 dynamic undergraduate student leaders from University of Missouri, Columbia of all backgrounds and perspectives to join our highly subsidized journey June 2-13, 2019.
Some things you might see, learn, and do (full itinerary provided before departure):
- Explore the multi-ethnic, religious, and national diversity of the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Visit Ramallah, the current capital of the Palestinian Authority, and hear from Palestinian leaders and locals.
- Visit a Palestinian refugee camp near Ramallah.
- Learn about environmental concerns in the Dead Sea Valley.
- Walk the streets of Jaffa, near Tel Aviv, for a Palestinian and Israeli perspective on this old & new city.
- Hear multiple narratives from a wide variety of speakers and guests, including religious, secular, Druze, Christian, Jewish-Israeli, Palestinian, and Muslim voices.
- Tour the separation barrier/security wall between Israel and the West Bank.
- Visit the Gazan, Syrian, and Lebanese borders to understand the regional context.
- Enjoy delicious cuisine, hike in the beautiful desert, and build community with a diverse group of fellow Mizzou student leaders.
Application is below: