Perspectives Israel – January 2022!
Application Deadline: *EXTENDED* to Thursday, October 14, 2021, at 11:59 pm
Perspectives Israel – Winter Trip January 2022
Mizzou Hillel is excited to be offering our second Israel Perspectives trip, bringing students on a life-changing trip to explore Israel and the Palestinian Territories. The purpose of this trip is to bring Mizzou undergraduate student leaders together to learn about intergroup and interpersonal relations. Along the way, we will explore Israeli society, Palestinian society, and the conflict in the region. We seek 25 dynamic undergraduate student leaders from University of Missouri, Columbia of all backgrounds and perspectives to join our highly subsidized journey January 1-11, 2022.
Some things you might see, learn, and do (full itinerary provided before departure):
– Explore the multi-ethnic, religious, and national diversity of the Old City of Jerusalem.
– Visit Ramallah, the current capital of the Palestinian Authority, and hear from Palestinian leaders and locals.
– Visit a Palestinian refugee camp near Ramallah.
– Learn about environmental concerns in the Dead Sea Valley.
– Walk the streets of Jaffa, near Tel Aviv, for a Palestinian and Israeli perspective on this old & new city.
– Hear multiple narratives from a wide variety of speakers and guests, including religious, secular, Druze, Christian, Jewish-Israeli, Palestinian, and Muslim voices.
– Tour the separation barrier/security wall between Israel and the West Bank.
– Visit the Gazan, Syrian, and Lebanese borders to understand the regional context.
– Enjoy delicious cuisine, hike in the beautiful desert, and build community with a diverse group of fellow Mizzou student leaders.
Perspectives is a nearly fully-subsidized experience requiring a refundable $200 deposit paid upon acceptance to the trip. Our grant funding covers international flights, hotels, travel throughout the trip, and two meals per day. Participants will be responsible for their own transportation to/from Chicago which is the departure/arrival for our international flight.
Applications are now being accepted on a rolling basis. You will be contacted if we would like to proceed with an interview by Tuesday, October 17, 2021. Space on the trip is extremely limited!
For questions, contact Jeanne Snodgrass at firstname.lastname@example.org